Nutri-Define: The story behind an anti-ageing breakthrough
In 2010, we began a quest to create the most powerful anti-ageing skin care possible. Today, the groundbreaking Biosome5 technology that drives Nutri-Define brings together luxury, nature and science to redefine anti-ageing skin care. Here’s the story behind how we developed this natural breakthrough.
We set ourselves a clear goal: to develop a range that targeted the multiple signs of ageing – including deep lines, wrinkles, loss of firmness and elasticity and extreme dehydration – without compromising on luxury or our commitment to nature. And our first step was to find the perfect anti-ageing ingredients.
Finding the perfect anti-ageing ingredients
We searched the world to find the most powerful natural ingredients with proven anti-ageing qualities. Drawing on our decades of experience in biodynamic† farming, we selected five key ingredients:
- Horseradish: Helps improve skin firmness and elasticity.
- Rosemary: Enlivens the skin to help it look and feel rejuvenated.
- Peppermint: Revitalises dull skin while improving uneven skin texture.
- Mulberry root: High in antioxidants and phenolic compounds, it helps protect skin, brighten skin tone, and reduce the appearance of skin discolouration.
- Glycogen: Derived from pearlescent sea shells, it helps reinforce the skin’s natural defences and provides skin-firming benefits.
Once we’d found the perfect natural anti-ageing ingredients, our next challenge was to find a way to deliver this luscious blend into the skin naturally.
The solution: Jurlique’s first natural liposome
Following months of testing, our scientists developed a new, naturally derived liposome – a hollow, microscopic, fat-based vessel capable of safely delivering ingredients into the skin – with plant-based Lecithin.
Together, our five anti-ageing botanicals and natural liposome became Biosome5 – an all-new technology with the power to safely deliver potent actives to where they’re most needed, so they can effectively address all the advanced signs of ageing.
Want more like this in your inbox?
Sign up to our newsletter to hear more about our skincare tips, new products & special offers.